Treat Fine Lines and Wrinkles Improving volume loss!
Sculptra® (injectable poly-L-lactic acid) is indicated for use in people with healthy immune systems for the correction of shallow to deep nasolabial fold contour deficiencies and other facial wrinkles.
Areas of Treatment
How it Works
Collagen production in the body decreases as you get older and/or are exposed to the sun. Wrinkles are one of the first visible signs of this. Sculptra is injected into the deep layer of the skin where collagen naturally exists and is made. Sculptra works by initially filling a wrinkle with small PLLA beads. As the beads biodegrade the body may produce new collagen where Sculptra is injected.
Sculptra is injected with multiple small injections using a fine needle in a grid pattern to correct a wrinkle at the nasolabial fold or other facial wrinkles where this injection technique is appropriate.
Frequently Asked Questions
You should not get Sculptra if you:
- Have severe allergies with a history of severe reactions (anaphylaxis) or multiple severe allergies. The use of Sculptra may result in an allergic reaction.
- Are allergic to any ingredient of Sculptra: “poly-L-lactic acid” (PLLA), carboxymethylcellulose (USP), or non-pyrogenic mannitol (USP).
- Previously had or have risk factors for hypertrophic scarring or keloid formation.
Most patients can return to their everyday activities after leaving the office. To reduce any redness and swelling from the injections, your dermatologist may recommend icing the area for 15 to 20 minutes before you leave.
Before you leave the office, you should be able to apply makeup.
Treatment cost varies and depends on the amount of volume correction needed based on the unique needs of every patient. Treatments can be done in small increments or in combination with other therapy. We invite you to a complimentary consultation and are excited to help you reach your skincare goals in the safest and most affordable way possible. We offer packages, memberships, and financing for all services we perform.
While swelling from Kybella is a normal side effect, it can still cause some discomfort and become an overall inconvenience. The good news is that the swelling is temporary. The overall recovery timeline is about one month according to Allergan, the company that makes Kybella.
- Sculptra poly-L-lactic acid, requires you to gently massage the treated area for about five minutes several times a day for 1-2 weeks. Your injector will tell you if you need to massage the area.
- No straining, heavy lifting, vigorous exercise, excessive sun or heat exposure, exposure to extreme cold, or drinking alcoholic beverages for 24 hours following treatment.
- Please wait two weeks before any other aesthetic treatments. Cold packs may be applied to areas of swelling after injections.
- Please refer to the complete pre- and post-care instructions that are emailed to you upon reserving your appointment or ask your provider or a customer care coordinator for a complete set of instructions.
This varies with the filler and injectables. Most fillers do not cause downtime. Be sure to ask your injector whether you will have downtime. Some bruising, redness, and swelling are to be expected but can be lessened by taking arnica and eating fresh pineapple. Before having injectables, it is advised to avoid using vitamin E and Ibuprofen as they cause thinning of the blood and create more bruising.
To get natural-looking results, the person injecting the filler must have expertise in placing the filler. It is best to take a conservative approach to increasing volume and fuller lips for a more natural look. Scupltra provides a very natural look and builds over time. Some patients benefit from combining Dermal Fillers with Sculptra.
Your injector will advise you on how often and how much you will need. You may need one to four treatment sessions (typically three) to achieve the optimal correction possible. The safety and effectiveness of Sculptra have only been studied in a single treatment regimen of up to four sessions at three four-week intervals.
How long do Sculptra treatment effects last?
In a U.S. clinical study treatment results for some subjects lasted for up to 25 months (about two years) after the last treatment session. However, the improvement depended on the severity of the nasolabial fold wrinkle (WAS score) that a subject had before treatment. Discuss with your health care provider the optimal cosmetic correction you may expect.
For more information about Sculptra, visit https://www.sculptrausa.com/