Got brow issues? Say Hello! to balanced, perfected brows and Goodbye! to eyebrow pencils
Missing or ultra-thin brows (anyone guilty of overplucking?!), blond or ultra light color, or experiencing brow loss? Microblading to the rescue! Anyone having these kinds of brow issues are great candidates for microblading that will give them naturally full brows created with custom color that matches your natural brow color or is deeper for more contrast, definition….all with a beautiful, eye enhancing shape. Even those with great looking brows already can further enhance them for an even more dramatic, bold yet natural, look.
Create Brow Envy with Microblading
Most of us have heard of eyebrow microblading, but what exactly is it? A tattoo? Or permanent makeup? From a technical standpoint, microblading is a type of tattoo, but it does not use a machine to drive the pigment as deep into the skin as a tattoo nor is it a solid, unnatural line used in tattoos.
The results? Incredibly natural looking brows that give you a polished, balanced look that will be admired and envied!
How the Magic Happens – Round One
The entire microblading process can take an hour or more. First, very detailed, exact measurements are made – called mapping (similar to an outline) – is done to ensure symmetry and a custom look for your unique face shape. Microblading uses a very thin blade with tiny needles to make shallow hair-like incisions in the skin that pigment is deposited into. It is not permanent but does last one to three years, depending upon how well your skin retains pigment, before a retouch may be necessary. This is perfect for those of us not wishing to commit to a more permanent process.
Next, a topical numbing cream is applied which sits for about 30”to ensure a painless procedure before the microblading process begins. This is actually the last step and typically takes 15 – 30” to etch the small, crisp hair-like strokes into the skin. Pigment is applied and allowed to penetrate the tiny incisions thoroughly. After the pigment has saturated the skin and deposited, your brow area is cleansed and a topical antibacterial ointment is applied.
Voila! Your treatment is complete!
Retouch – Round Two
Typically, brows are retouched in about four – six weeks. This is because during the healing process the skin can ‘push’ out a little bit of the pigment and in other areas the hair strokes are not as pigmented as they need to be. So those areas are filled in after the initial numbing has taken place.
For best results, at home aftercare is extremely important. As the tiny incisions heal, the area must be kept dry with antibacterial ointment covering them. Healing is a very quick process, usually within a few days.
*Please note: everyone heals differently so these times are only a general guideline.
What Happens Next: Microblading Healing Process
• Eyebrows look amazing immediately after microblading appointment
• Pigment gradually gets darker through out the day
• Pigment reaches darkest level on day two
• Light scabbing develops where microblading strokes occurred
• Scabbing from microblading strokes begin to peel and flake off, sometimes revealing no definite, visible color in skin
• Pigment in skin continues to oxidize and microbladed strokes begin to reappear in color intended from the beginning, but some strokes come back looking patchy
• Eyebrows fully healed and ready to undergo the finishing effects of touch-up appointment
• Beautiful eyebrow enhancement/transformation is complete after final touch-up
How Long Will My Microblading Results Last?
You will enjoy your beautifully sculped microbladed brows anywhere from 6 – 12 months because of it’s semi-permanent aspect. This time frame can be beneficial if you wish to change the color of your brows with a microblading retouch when you start to notice fading.
Maintaining Beautiful Results
We recommend these important tips to ensure maximum microblading results for the longest period of time:
- Follow all aftercare instructions thoroughly
- Do not pick, peel or scratch the microbladed areas
- Avoid sun exposure during the healing process; afterwards, apply a layer of SPF 30+ on your brows when exposed to sunlight to avoid fading.
- Do not skip your followup retouch in 4 – 6 weeks
- For 10 days after the procedure, avoid tanning beds, swimming and excess exercise/sweating.
Call TODAY for your complimentary consultation or to reserve your appointment – fabulous brows are just a phone call away!!! 502-690-6029