The PDO Thread Lift procedure safely and instantly lifts up loose skin on the face, neck and the body with minimal downtime.
Benefits of PDO Threads include:
- Natural Results
- No surgery, No pain
- Lunchtime procedure
- Uncontested for Neck & Jawline
RESTORING THE V-SHAPE
A beautiful and healthy face has a “V-shape”. With the ageing of tissues and the action of gravity, this “V-shape” diminishes or inverts. The idea behind the NovaMesh and the NovaLyft technique is to either create a scaffolding in order to support the tissues and keep them in the “V-shape” or where necessary to delicately lift the tissues and reposition the skin to recreate the “V-shape” where it’s been lost.
Although Novathreads can be inserted almost anywhere, even in the body, one area where they are especially effective is the neck and jawline. The lower third of the face is challenging to treat effectively with botulinum toxin or injectable fillers, which are most effective in the upper and middle third of the face, respectively.
What are PDO Threads and how does it work?
PDO are hypodermic needles preloaded with a synthetic PDO absorbable suture. PDO (polydioxanone) sutures are surgical sutures that are used to perform cardiac surgery. All sutures are FDA-approved and PDO sutures are one of the safest materials that can be used in the body. Your skin will fully absorb the PDO within 4 to 6 months without leaving any scar tissue.
While the sutures are underneath the skin, however, your skin gently reacts to the skin creating a “selective inflammatory response” to produce collagen to create a longer-lasting result: This principle is behind a lot of aesthetic procedures (such as fractioned lasers, skin tightening treatments and microneedling). Our skin is excellent at repairing itself, and by inserting the PDO underneath the skin to lift the loose skin, the skin will heal itself by creating new collagen naturally!
- The areas to be treated will be numbed with topical as well as local anesthetic.
- The areas to be treated are then marked.
- The threads are then inserted under the skin in precise locations using a small hollow needle to lift and support droopy elements without removing any skin. The inserted thread is then able to grasp onto the droopy skin and soft tissue to reposition the skin. This requires no cuts or incisions. It’s purely done by injections.
- With the lift effect secured, the hollow needle is removed without leaving any scars.
- Depending on the desired effect of the lift, few to several sutures will be used.
- The PDO suture remains underneath the skin. Different sutures and lengths will be used depending upon the area(s) you need lifted.
Most popular treatment areas are the brows, cheeks (midface), jowls, and the upper neck. However, Thread Lift can be performed virtually anywhere on the body, such as to lift loose skin on the upper arms, stomach, thighs and around the knees.
Pain can be usually managed with acetaminophen (Tylenol) and/or ibuprofen (Advil). If stronger pain medicine is desired, it can be prescribed by our physician. You may have mild swelling and bruising for few days. Icing the treated area as well as arnica is recommended for the first few days. We recommend avoiding strenuous activity for few days.
Like any procedure using a needle, there is a chance of bruising and swelling. However, in most people, the bruising and swelling is minimal and resolve in less than a week. There is some post-op discomfort which usually resolves quickly in most patients. If the sutures, for some reason, become visible underneath the skin or migrate, it can be easily removed if necessary and new threads can be placed.
BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
Disclaimer: results may vary from person to person.